In order to improve security for you as our valued client, we support the ability to add two-factor authentication (2FA) on your account. When you login to your owner dashboard, you’ll see a menu option on the left-hand side called ‘Login Security’. Use this guide to successfully set up 2FA for your account.
What is 2FA? This is an additional layer of security for your account. On top of your username and password, it requires a six digit code that only you have access to on a device of your choice. If a hacker figures out your password, they still won’t be able to login to your account since they don’t have your 2FA code.
Why implement this? Add 2FA to your account to help protect yourself from any unauthorized access to your owner dashboard. This way, a hacker cannot view or alter your sensitive product and sales data.
What do I need? You’ll need a smartphone with an authenticator app installed. Some common apps include Google Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator, and Authy, but you can choose any app you trust that supports Time-based One-Time Passwords (TOTP). Once you have your authenticator app installed, proceed with the steps below:
- Login Security menu option. Click here after logging into your owner dashboard.
- QR code and secret key. This is what you will scan with your authentication device to set up the 2FA.
- Backup codes in case you lose access to your authentication device. Keep these in a secure place that no one else has access to.
- Field where you will enter your authentication code to verify successful configuration.
- Press this button to finish activating 2FA for your account.
That’s it! You’re all set and your account is now significantly more secure. Remember that going forward, when you log into your dashboard, you’ll need your authentication code from the app. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or trouble with the configuration steps.